AquaPure Salt System Instructions
Please refer to the guide below for instructions on how to operate your new AquaPure Salt System. If you still have questions, feel free to give us a call at our retail store at 845-294-5200. Our store is open Monday through Friday, 10AM to 5PM and Saturday, 10AM to 3PM. Mary and Kelly will be happen to answer any questions you may have!
* POWER ON: YOUR SALT SYSTEM HAS POWER TO IT.
* CELL ON: YOUR CELL HAS BEEN TURNED ON AND IS MAKING CHLORINE.
* CELL RESTING: WHEN THE CHLORINE PRODUCTION CYCLE IS SET FOR LESS THAN 100%, THE CELL WILL REST AND NOT MAKE CHLORINE PERIODICALLY.
* FLOW: WATER IS FLOWING PAST THE FLOW/TEMP/SALINITY SENSOR.
* CELL REVERSING: YOUR SYSTEMS AUTOMATIC CLEANING SYSTEM. CYCLE IS FACTORY SET AND CANNOT BE CHANGED. THIS DOES NOT INTERRUPT PRODUCTION OF CHLORINE.
* ADD SALT: YOUR SALINITY LEVEL OF YOUR POOL IS TOO LOW. ADD SALT TO RAISE THE SALINITY TO BETWEEN 3.0-3.6.
* SERVICE: YOUR SYSTEM HAS DETECTED A PROBLEM THAT REQUIRES ATTENTION – IT IS ACCOMPANIED BY A THREE DIGIT CODE.
* (A) ARROW DOWN: DECREASE PRODUCTION OF CHLORINE.
* (B) ARROW UP: INCREASE PRODUCTION OF CHLORINE.
* (C) SALT SHAKER: SALINITY LEVEL.
* (D) THERMOMETER: POOL TEMPERATURE. WHEN HELD FOR 10 SECONDS: BOOST MODE OR 24 HOURS OF 100% PRODUCTION OF CHLORINE.
* For every Spring Opening, it is important to use GRANULATED CHLORINE to SHOCK your pool water. Pool water levels at pool openings typically have a high chlorine demand. Though your salt system is capable of generating a sufficient level of chlorine during normal conditions, it cannot produce enough chlorine to reach “break-point” chlorination for sanitation. (Refer to your User Manual, page 36, Section 5.4.1).
* Your salinity ideal range is from 3.0 to 3.6.
* To raise salinity, rule of thumb is one 40 lb. bag of salt raises your pools salinity about .2 or 200 ppm. Ex: Your pools salinity reads 2.6, add 2 bags of salt to ensure you are raising your pool above 3.0 ppm.
* Should your salinity rise above 4.0, remove water using the WASTE port on your multiport until water is almost unable to skim, then replace with fresh water. (This process may be needed a few additional times till salinity is below 4.0).
*When adding salt, turn production down to 0% for 24 hours, pour bags directly into pool, brush salt up in SHALLOW end till fully dissolved.
* Common codes:
- 144 – Low Salinity (Add Salt)
- 145 – High Salinity ( WASTE water)